Steps to follow:-
To make a Kale Juice:
To make a Kale Juice:
- Using a small sharp knife, peel the lemon.
- removing all of the bitter white pith. In an electric juicer, juice the kale with the lemon.
- Cucumbers, ginger, cilantro, and, if using, the jalapeño.
- Season the juice with a pinch of salt and serve over ice.
How to consume:
- Raw:- Scrunching the leaves briefly in the hands can make them easier to digest. Add to salads, sandwiches, wraps, or smoothies.
- As a side dish:- Sauté fresh garlic and onion in olive oil until soft. Add kale and continue to sauté until desired tenderness. Alternatively, steam for 5 minutes, then drain and stir in a dash of soy sauce and tahini.
- Kale chips:- Remove the ribs from the kale and toss in olive oil or lightly spray and sprinkle with a combination of cumin, curry powder, chili powder, roasted red pepper flakes, or garlic powder. Bake at 275°F for 15–30 minutes to desired crispness.
- Smoothies:- Add a handful of kale to any favorite smoothie. It will add nutrients without changing the flavor very much.
|Nutritional Value||Special Facts|
|Kale is great for digestion as it has fibrous leaves||Kale grows well in the colder winter months, making a good addition when other fruits and vegetables are less readily available|
|Kale is high in iron, which helps in the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes in various parts of the body.||Kale Is High in Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Powerful Nutrients That Protect the Eyes.|
|Kale is high in Vitamin K, which helps keep the body’s blood-clotting mechanism functioning in a healthy manner.||It comes from the same plant as Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and cabbage.|
|Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants, offer up one of their electrons to free radicals, thereby neutralizing “oxidant” radicals and keeping them from stealing an electron from our cells.|
|great anti-inflammatory food, it improves coronary artery risk factors|
|great for cardiovascular support.|
|high in Vitamin A, which is great for your vision and skin.|
|high in calcium, important for building and maintaining strong bones and for carrying out a large number of body processes such as cell signaling involved in muscle and nerve function and helping blood vessels transport blood through the body,".|
|High in Vitamin C.|
|Kale promotes liver health, Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for supporting your body's natural detoxification process and keeping your liver healthy.|